This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency. Learn more here.
Sponsored Links

Mississippi WIC Office

The Mississippi WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program is handled by the Department of Health. This state agency can help you with questions or issues with WIC including how to apply, what is required to be eligible for Mississippi WIC benefits or if you need to schedule an appointment. If you will be meeting with the Mississippi Department of Health, we suggest you verify what documents you should bring with you to make sure they have all the information they need to help determine your eligibility. This page provides the Mississippi WIC office number and office hours.

The Mississippi WIC program aims to assist low-income and nutritionally at risk women who are pregnant, women who are currently breastfeeding (up to infant's 1st birthday), nonbreastfeeding postpartum women (up to 6 months after the birth of an infant or after pregnancy ends), infants (up to 1st birthday) and children up to their fifth birthday. Benefits that are provided to participants through the Mississippi WIC program includes supplemental nutritious foods, nutrition education, counseling at WIC clinics, screening and referrals for other health reasons, welfare and social services.

Sponsored Links

If you are planning to move out of state, Mississippi WIC participants can still receive their benefits until the certification period expires as long as there is proof that they received WIC benefits in Mississippi. Before you move, it is recommended that you contact the local WIC office. In most cases, the state agency will provide you with a special card that proves you participated in the Mississippi WIC Program. When you have moved, the next step would be to call the WIC office in the state you moved to and schedule an appointment. Make sure to bring the special card to your appointment to show proof you received benefits from the Mississippi WIC program.

  • WIC Office Location

    570 East Woodrow Wilson PO Box 1700
    Jackson, MS 39215

  • WIC Office Phone Number

    The number to call this state agency is 800-545-6747 or 601-991-6000. Their fax number is 601-956-4925.

  • WIC Online Website

    To view the website for the Mississippi WIC program, click here.

  • Approved Food List

    Find out what foods you can purchase by viewing the Mississippi WIC approved food list.

What services are available through the Mississippi WIC office?

The Mississippi WIC office can offer many benefits to enrollees. The Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program aims to help low-income families live healthy lives, despite financial hardship. Generally, WIC benefits relate to financial support and overall nutrition assistance. Depending on certain circumstances, an applicant may be able to go to a WIC clinic and receive:

  • Nutritious groceries each month.
  • Tips to help maintain a healthy diet.
  • Referrals to various medical providers.
  • Information and support about breastfeeding.

Do I need an appointment to apply for the Mississippi WIC program?

Mississippi WIC requirements state that you need an appointment in order to apply for program benefits. To apply, you are required to report to an office and submit your request in person. Contact your local office to schedule a time when you can come in and apply for WIC. In any case, remember that you do not need to bring your child to the office for this first appointment if he or she was just born. However, you will need to bring your infant to the WIC office within 60 days after attending your first appointment.

What should I bring when I apply for Mississippi WIC benefits?

If you want to know how to apply for WIC in Mississippi, remember that you need to report to a program office. You can only submit a WIC application in person. When you arrive for your WIC appointment, make sure you have the following items with you:

  • Proof of identification: Social Security card, driver’s license, passport or military ID
  • Proof of earnings: A pay stub that was issued within the past 60 days, recent tax documents or proof that you are enrolled in Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
  • Proof of MS residency: Bank statement, utility bill or rental agreement

©2024 All Rights Reserved.