This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency. Learn more here.
Sponsored Links

Arizona WIC Office

The Arizona WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program is handled by the Department of Health Services. This state agency can help you with questions or issues with WIC including how to apply, what is required to be eligible for Arizona WIC benefits or if you need to schedule an appointment. If you will be meeting with the Arizona Department of Health Services, we suggest you verify what documents you should bring with you to make sure they have all the information they need to help determine your eligibility. This page provides the Arizona WIC office number and office hours.

The Arizona WIC program aims to assist low-income and nutritionally at risk women who are pregnant, women who are currently breastfeeding (up to infant's 1st birthday), nonbreastfeeding postpartum women (up to 6 months after the birth of an infant or after pregnancy ends), infants (up to 1st birthday) and children up to their fifth birthday. Benefits that are provided to participants through the Arizona WIC program includes supplemental nutritious foods, nutrition education, counseling at WIC clinics, screening and referrals for other health reasons, welfare and social services.

Sponsored Links

If you are planning to move out of state, Arizona WIC participants can still receive their benefits until the certification period expires as long as there is proof that they received WIC benefits in Arizona. Before you move, it is recommended that you contact the local WIC office. In most cases, the state agency will provide you with a special card that proves you participated in the Arizona WIC Program. When you have moved, the next step would be to call the WIC office in the state you moved to and schedule an appointment. Make sure to bring the special card to your appointment to show proof you received benefits from the Arizona WIC program.

  • WIC Office Location

    150 North 18th Avenue Suite 310
    Phoenix, AZ 85007

  • WIC Office Phone Number

    The number to call this state agency is 800-252-5942 or 602-542-1886. Their fax number is 602-542-1890.

  • WIC Online Website

    To view the website for the Arizona WIC program, click here.

  • Approved Food List

    Find out what foods you can purchase by viewing the Arizona WIC approved food list.

Where can I search for Arizona WIC office locations?

The Arizona WIC office is where you need to go when you would like to apply for program benefits. The Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program is available to certain low-income women and children who meet qualifications and requirements. When you apply for WIC, you need to schedule an appointment and visit the office. Therefore, you should search for WIC clinic locations near you as soon as you decide you want to apply. One of the most convenient ways to find nearby facilities is to use this site’s office locator. Select the state you want to find an office in and then select your city. A list of offices will populate, and you can choose the facility closest to you.

How can I schedule an appointment at a WIC office in Arizona?

If you want to schedule an appointment at one of the Arizona WIC office locations, contact the facility directly. Depending on your county, there may be different ways that you can schedule an appointment at your local clinic. Generally, you can arrange your appointment by phone. However, you may also be able to schedule your WIC application appointment online. Make sure you have reviewed your specific office’s rules so you know how you need to arrange your meeting time.

Can I bring my children with me when I go to the Arizona WIC office?

When you apply for the Arizona WIC program, you may bring your children to the office with you. In fact, your children are required to be present if they will be collecting benefits with you. Additionally, make sure you bring certain requested documents with you when you apply for WIC program benefits, such as:

  • Identification for all adults in your household, including driver’s license cards, passports and state-issued non-driver ID cards.
  • Identification for your children, such as birth certificates or school ID cards.
  • Proof of family earnings, including paystubs your household received within the past 30 days or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) letters.
  • Proof of residency, such as lease agreements, mortgage statements and utility bills.
  • Immunization records for children younger than two years of age, including official records from your child’s doctor.

©2024 All Rights Reserved.