This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency. Learn more here.
Sponsored Links

Minnesota WIC Office

The Minnesota WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program is handled by the Department of Health. This state agency can help you with questions or issues with WIC including how to apply, what is required to be eligible for Minnesota WIC benefits or if you need to schedule an appointment. If you will be meeting with the Minnesota Department of Health, we suggest you verify what documents you should bring with you to make sure they have all the information they need to help determine your eligibility. This page provides the Minnesota WIC office number and office hours.

The Minnesota WIC program aims to assist low-income and nutritionally at risk women who are pregnant, women who are currently breastfeeding (up to infant's 1st birthday), nonbreastfeeding postpartum women (up to 6 months after the birth of an infant or after pregnancy ends), infants (up to 1st birthday) and children up to their fifth birthday. Benefits that are provided to participants through the Minnesota WIC program includes supplemental nutritious foods, nutrition education, counseling at WIC clinics, screening and referrals for other health reasons, welfare and social services.

Sponsored Links

If you are planning to move out of state, Minnesota WIC participants can still receive their benefits until the certification period expires as long as there is proof that they received WIC benefits in Minnesota. Before you move, it is recommended that you contact the local WIC office. In most cases, the state agency will provide you with a special card that proves you participated in the Minnesota WIC Program. When you have moved, the next step would be to call the WIC office in the state you moved to and schedule an appointment. Make sure to bring the special card to your appointment to show proof you received benefits from the Minnesota WIC program.

  • WIC Office Location

    85 East Seventh Place PO Box 64882
    St. Paul, MN 55164

  • WIC Office Phone Number

    The number to call this state agency is 800-657-3942 or 651-201-4410. Their fax number is 651-215-8951.

  • WIC Online Website

    To view the website for the Minnesota WIC program, click here.

  • Approved Food List

    Find out what foods you can purchase by viewing the Minnesota WIC approved food list.

How can I search for Minnesota WIC office locations in my city?

The Minnesota WIC office is an important facility that all Women, Infants and Children (WIC) applicants need to visit to apply for program benefits. It is important that applicants know how to find nearby WIC clinics. One of the easiest ways for petitioners to find facilities in their area is to use this website. Applicants can find locations where they can apply for WIC by selecting the states they want to apply in. Then, petitioners can choose the cities they live in and search for acceptance facilities using the search tool. Once applicants choose their cities, the site presents a map that shows all of the WIC office locations near them.

How do I apply for the Minnesota WIC program?

You need to go to the WIC office in MN to apply for enrollment in this program. Furthermore, remember that you must have an appointment for this visit. To arrange a time to speak with program representatives, call your local WIC office. Generally, these meetings take between 30 and 45 minutes. When you come to the clinic for your appointment, be sure to have your children with you. All members included in your WIC application need to be present for this meeting.

What are the Minnesota WIC guidelines for enrollment?

There are specific Minnesota WIC income guidelines and other requirements you need to meet to receive benefits. For example, you must be considered a low-income family to qualify. You can satisfy this requirement by earning less than a certain amount of income. The income limit you can meet is based on your household size. Alternatively, remember that you qualify for WIC benefits if you are already enrolled in one of the following programs:

  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
  • MN Family Investment Program (MFIP)
  • Free or reduced school lunches
  • Head start educational programs
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

Furthermore, remember that the WIC office cannot award you benefits unless you live in MN. Additionally, if you are an adult, you can only receive WIC if you are pregnant or recently gave birth. On the other hand, WIC eligibility is only met by children who are younger than five years of age.

©2024 All Rights Reserved.