This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency. Learn more here.
Sponsored Links

Utah WIC Office

The Utah WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program is handled by the Department of Health. This state agency can help you with questions or issues with WIC including how to apply, what is required to be eligible for Utah WIC benefits or if you need to schedule an appointment. If you will be meeting with the Utah Department of Health, we suggest you verify what documents you should bring with you to make sure they have all the information they need to help determine your eligibility. This page provides the Utah WIC office number and office hours.

The Utah WIC program aims to assist low-income and nutritionally at risk women who are pregnant, women who are currently breastfeeding (up to infant's 1st birthday), nonbreastfeeding postpartum women (up to 6 months after the birth of an infant or after pregnancy ends), infants (up to 1st birthday) and children up to their fifth birthday. Benefits that are provided to participants through the Utah WIC program includes supplemental nutritious foods, nutrition education, counseling at WIC clinics, screening and referrals for other health reasons, welfare and social services.

Sponsored Links

If you are planning to move out of state, Utah WIC participants can still receive their benefits until the certification period expires as long as there is proof that they received WIC benefits in Utah. Before you move, it is recommended that you contact the local WIC office. In most cases, the state agency will provide you with a special card that proves you participated in the Utah WIC Program. When you have moved, the next step would be to call the WIC office in the state you moved to and schedule an appointment. Make sure to bring the special card to your appointment to show proof you received benefits from the Utah WIC program.

  • WIC Office Location

    PO Box 141013
    Salt Lake City, UT 84114

  • WIC Office Phone Number

    The number to call this state agency is 877-942-5437 or 801-538-6199. Their fax number is 801-538-6729.

  • WIC Online Website

    To view the website for the Utah WIC program, click here.

  • Approved Food List

    Find out what foods you can purchase by viewing the Utah WIC approved food list.

How do I find a Utah WIC office near me?

There is likely a Utah WIC office in your area. When you are ready to apply for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) benefits, you must file your application at one of these facilities. In order to find a WIC clinic that can help you apply, search online. This website maintains a list of the acceptance centers across the country. To choose a WIC office near you, select the state and city you are applying in. Nearby offices will appear on a map so you can easily choose the most convenient agency for you.

Do I qualify for WIC in Utah?

WIC eligibility in Utah takes into account several different factors. In order to determine if you meet the WIC office enrollment requirements, you must:

  • Be a UT resident. You cannot collect benefits from this state if you live in another part of the country. Additionally, you must apply for WIC at an office in the county where you currently reside.
  • Meet the WIC income guidelines in Utah. Your earnings must be within a certain range in order to qualify.
  • Identify with one of the state’s categorical requirements. Generally, this means you are postpartum, pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, children can qualify if they are younger than five years of age.

What documents do I need to submit when I apply for WIC in Utah?

When you are preparing for the Utah WIC program interview, it is important that you gather specific documents. The program representative you speak with will use this appointment to determine if you are eligible to collect WIC benefits. Therefore, you need to prepare proof of the following information before you arrive:

  • Income – Pay stubs dated within the past month, tax documents or proof that you are enrolled in Medicaid or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
  • Address – Mortgage or rent receipt or utility bills
  • Identity – Birth certificate, driver’s license or passport

If you have children, it is important that they report to the WIC office with you. Additionally, be sure to bring proof that they have been vaccinated.

©2024 All Rights Reserved.